The Staff Association Council Book Fund for Children of Staff was established to provide financial assistance toward the purchase of books for a University of Pittsburgh undergraduate student whose parent or guardian is a staff member at the University of Pittsburgh.
Awards will be granted each academic year. The recipients will be presented with their Award at the Staff Recognition Ceremony. The Award can only be used at a University of Pittsburgh bookstore at the campus on which the student is enrolled.
The student must be a non-freshman enrolled as an undergraduate at any University of Pittsburgh campus.The student must be in good standing with at least a 2.0 grade point average and making progress towards a degree in his/her school.The student must have a parent/guardian who is a regular full-time or part-time staff member at the University of Pittsburgh on any campus. A student whose parent or guardian is a member of the unionized staff, a student, a faculty member, or a staff member employed by the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center is NOT eligible to participate in the Book Fund.The student cannot be a previous recipient of the award.
In addition to the completed Staff Association Council Book Fund application, the student must provide the following:
- A copy of the student’s transcript. Students can receive a copy of their transcript at no cost for each semester they are enrolled.
- An officical letter in a sealed envelope from the Dean of your college/school stating you are currently in good standing and making good academic progress towards your degree.
- The student must provide a statement explaining why they have applied for the Book Fund Award and what their future plans are after graduation. In addition, the student must include previous work experiences along with the number of hours worked per week. Any volunteer activities as well as extracurricular activities should be included. This statement should be a minimum of 250 words. **
*Please note the email that was sent out stated a maximum of 250 words. The statement must be a minimum of 250 words. We deeply regret this error and apologize for any confusion.
- The signatures of both the student and the parent/guardian must be on the application form so that the Office of the Registrar and the Office of Human Resources can verify the status of the student and the parent/guardian.
- A completed Disiplinary Clearance Form. Please click here for the form.
2013 Applications are due by October 15th, 2013 at 5:00pm to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
The Staff Association Council
504 Craig Hall
200 South Craig Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
Please feel free to contact the Staff Association Council Office at 412-624-4236 or email@example.com for more information.